Immersible ultrasonic transducers are sealed stainless steel enclosures which allow for adding ultrasonics to parts cleaning new tanks or adding onto existing tanks, equipment and systems. This addition allow for uniform precision parts cleaning of the part surface by using ultrasonic frequencies to cavitate the aqueous solution molecules in the tank.
Immersible Ultrasonic Cleaner Transducer Power Sizing and In-Tank Placement
The number and placement of the submersible ultrasonic cleaning transducers is primarily determined by the volume of liquid in the tank, geometric layout of the existing tank, and load size of the parts. Depending on the size of the tank and parts cleaning application, the Watts of ultrasonic power per gallon or Watts/gal can vary from 30 to 100+ W/gal.
The immersible ultrasonic transducers can be mounted on the sides or bottoms of the parts washing/cleaning tanks, depending upon their geometry. In general, side mounting is recommended for tanks where the depth is more than two times the smallest of the length / width and side mounting the ultrasonics reduces the debris and foreign material from settling on the top of the transducer box which will reduce the ultrasonic effectiveness.
Bottom Mounted Immersible Ultrasonic Transducer Box and Generator
These submersible ultrasonics can be made in 25/28 kHz frequency, for tough to clean parts like engine blocks and mold cleaning burnt on carbon, and 40 kHz frequency for general parts cleaning including precision machined components, in an agitated immersion parts washer or stationary metal sided tanks. Immersibles are not typically added to polypropylene, PVC, PVDF or other plastic based tanks as the plastic absorbs the ultrasonic energy thereby reducing the cavitation energy delivered to the part surface.
Side Tank Mounted Immersible Ultrasonic Transducer Enclosure
Common Applications – Advantages of Immersible Ultrasonic Cleaning Transducers
- Drop in ultrasonics addition to existing manufacturing cleaning process lines (aqueous cleaning lines, passivation, plating lines, or other part finishing processes which require from microscopic surface scrubbing agitation)
- The stainless steel box heavy duty design with completely sealed components allow for precision ultrasonic cleaning in conditions normally too harsh for such precision electronics
- Valve bodies and manifolds with small internals not accessible for cleaning by forced spray or mechanical removal
- Medical device stainless steel parts cleaning
- Aerospace parts cleaning
- Ultrasonic part cleaning of water soluble machining coolants, chips, particulate, and true machining/cutting oils, buffing, polishing and lapping compounds which require mechanical surface scrubbing to remove.
- General washing for maintenance, manufacturing, rework and/or remanufacturing.
Since submersible ultrasonic boxes are most commonly added to existing stainless steel and other metallic based tanks, the boxes and ultrasonic power are made to fit such tanks. We can easily make our immersible ultrasonics into any tank configuration sizing required for your application with little to no additional custom size pricing.