Our automated ultrasonic passivation equipment using nitric or citric acid perform an automated process of cleaning-rinsing-passivation-rinsing-drying by moving the fluids from heated storage tanks into a single ultrasonic process tank, rather than moving the parts basket through a series of tanks.
With this passivation machine, the entire process required to clean, rinse, passivate, rinse, rinse and dry manufactured stainless steel metal parts is performed at the push of a button using user defined cycles via touch panel screen. The process is PLC computer-controls the fill-and-drain sequence to cycle parts through the cleaning, rinsing, and hot air drying processes; all within a single chambered unit.
Video: Automated Ultrasonic Passivation Equipment for Citric or Nitric Acid
Modular heated storage tanks complete the Ultrasonic cleaning machine for re-use of detergents and rinse water. This system configuration removes operator interaction, variability and eliminates exposure to chemicals. The end result is higher quality cleaned and passivated parts with tighter process controls which can be easily validated for regulated products like medical device and aerospace. The operator simply puts dirty, dry parts in, hits start and returns to cleaned, passivated and dry parts.
Need More Throughput? Dual Ultrasonic Automated Passivation Equipment
Video: Automated Customizable 3-in-1 Nitric and Citric Passivation System
- Nitric acid
- Nitric acid with sodium dichromate
- Citric acid
Common Applications for Automated Passivation Equipment
- Ultrasonic part cleaning and passivation of water soluble machining coolants, chips, particulate, and true machining/cutting oils, buffing and lapping compounds.
- Medical device stainless steel, titanium, tantalum parts cleaning and passivation
- Aerospace part passivation
- Nitric acid passivation type 2, 3, 4 ASTM A967
- Citric acid passivation type 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 ASTM A967 using Stellar Solution’s Citrisurf
- General washing for maintenance, manufacturing, rework and/or remanufacturing.
- Applicable case study: Automated Ultrasonic Passivation System for Medical Device and General Parts
The automated passivation equipment configurations below are most common, but systems of any size from 3.5 to 100+ gallon and 1 foot to 15 foot long can be fabricated based on customer application for little to no custom costs. Systems can contain pH and conductivity meters to monitor wash, acid and RO / DI rinse solutions.
Hot Air Dryer (Watts)
Tank Dimensions (l x w x h)
Main Process Unit Dimensions
(l x w x h)
Storage Tank Capacity
|1002P||3.5||300||1500||12″ x 10″ x 8″||24″ x 13″ x 18″ (tabletop)||15|
|700P||9||1200||3000||18″ x 12″ x 10″||28″ x 22″ x 39″||15-30|
|992P||18||1800||3000||24″ x 14″ x 12″||28″ x 22″ x 39″||30|