Our small 3.5 gallon automated ultrasonic passivation equipment (nitric or citric acid) are a perfect fit for passivating small parts in cellular-based manufacturing environments such as medical device manufacturing, aerospace manufacturing, machine shops and job shops.
The 3.5 gallon passivation system performs an automated process of small parts cleaning-rinsing-passivation-rinsing-drying by moving the fluids from heated storage tanks into a single ultrasonic process tank, rather than moving the parts basket through a series of tanks. The entire process required to clean, rinse, passivate, rinse, rinse and dry manufactured metal parts is performed at the push of a button with user-defined cycles via a touch panel screen. The PLC computer-controlled fill-and-drain sequence to cycle parts through the cleaning, rinsing, and hot air drying processes, are all within a single chambered unit.
Small 3.5 Gallon Ultrasonic Automated Passivation Equipment
Modular heated storage tanks complete the system for re-use of detergents and rinse water. This passivation equipment system configuration removes operator interaction, variability and eliminates exposure to chemicals.The end result is higher quality cleaned and passivated parts with tighter process controls which can be easily validated for regulated products like medical device and aerospace. The operator simply puts dirty, dry parts in, presses start and returns to cleaned, passivated and dry parts.
We move the fluids NOT the parts! Savings of nearly 50% of system cost over traditional multi-tanks with overhead basket carrier automation passivation equipment.
Common Applications for Automated Passivation Equipment / Systems
- Ultrasonic part cleaning of water-soluble machining coolants, chips, particulate, and true machining/cutting oils, buffing and lapping compounds and subsequent passivation
- Medical device stainless steel, titanium, tantalum parts cleaning and passivation
- Aerospace small parts passivation
- Machine centers part washing and passivation
- Nitric acid passivation type 2, 3, 4 ASTM A967, AMS2700
- Citric acid passivation type 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 ASTM A967 using Stellar Solution’s Citrisurf
- Applicable case study: Automated Ultrasonic Passivation System for Medical Device and General Parts
The automated passivation system configurations below are most common, but systems of any size from 3.5 to 100+ gallon and 1 foot to 15 foot long can be fabricated based on customer application for little to no custom costs. Systems can contain pH and conductivity meters to monitor wash, acid and RO / DI rinse solutions.
Hot Air Dryer (Watts)
Tank Dimensions (l x w x h)
Main Process Unit Dimensions
(l x w x h)
Storage Tank Capacity
|1002P||3.5||300||1500||12″ x 10″ x 8″||24″ x 13″ x 18″ (tabletop)||15|
|700P||9||1200||3000||18″ x 12″ x 10″||28″ x 22″ x 39″||15-30|
|992P||18||1800||3000||24″ x 14″ x 12″||28″ x 22″ x 39″||30|