Passivation Equipment & Ultrasonic Passivation Systems for Stainless Steel with Nitric / Citric Acid
INDUSTRIES SERVED- PASSIVATION EQUIPMENT & PASSIVATION SYSTEMS:
Best Technology is the industry’s leading supplier of passivation equipment and passivation systems for passivating stainless steel. These systems include: benchtop ultrasonic cleaner equipment, wet bench passivation equipment, ultrasonic automated passivation systems, and agitated immersion multi-tank passivation systems. Every passivation system and passivation equipment built are designed around customer specific application and industry specifications to ensure equipment allows repeatable, stable passivation processes that are easily validated to regulatory and industry specific requirements.
Types of Passivation Systems for Every Application and Part Size:
Our multi-tank ultrasonic passivation system combined with our model hot air dryer make an effective passivation line by housing heated cleaning solution, cascading DI rinse water, citric or nitric acid passivation solution, and a final cascading DI rinse water with a final hot air drying step.
Our automated ultrasonic nitric or citric acid passivation equipment clean, rinse, passivate, rinse and dry by moving the fluids from heated storage tanks into a single ultrasonic process tank, rather than moving the parts basket through a series of tanks. Modular heated storage tanks complete the system for re-use of detergents and rinse water. This system configuration eliminates operator interaction, variability and eliminates exposure to chemicals. This unique system design can save up to 50% of passivation equipment cost vs. traditional mulit-tank setups with overhead index automation/robotics.
The small 3.5 gallon benchtop automated ultrasonic passivation system (nitric or citric acid) is an ideal fit for passivating small stainless steel parts in cellular manufacturing environments such as medical device manufacturing, aerospace manufacturing, machine shops and job shops.
For manufacturing processes which require higher throughput or lower cycle times, the dual processing automated passivation system allows for the same machine design concept but 2 processing units sharing the same storage tanks which effectively doubles the system throughput without needing to purchase a completely new passivation system.
For wet chemical processing applications which require complex combinations of chemistries, heavy ventilation and containment, the passivation wet bench equipment are used for citric / nitric acid passivation of stainless steel, titanium and other metal material parts. Typical construction materials include polypropylene, stainless steel, PVDF, PVC-C and others depending on the chemical handling properties required for the application.
Agitated immersion parts passivation systems and dip tank parts washers use a simple yet rugged designed pneumatically powered reciprocating platform to agitate parts in the water,solvent based detergent or passivation acid. This action coupled with options like ultrasonics, high flow filtration & pump turbulation, and oil removal systems ensure all true oil and particulate are removed from not only the outside of your parts but also the internal cavities/passages that other types of parts washing systems can’t properly clean. Once clean the same process is performed with nitric or citric acid to passivatie parts.
Common Applications and Specifications for Passivation Equipment
- Nitric acid passivation type 2, 3, 4 ASTM A967
- Citric acid passivation type 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 ASTM A967 using Stellar Solution’s Citrisurf®
- Passivation Specifications: ASTM A380 – Practice for Cleaning, Descaling and Passivating of Stainless Steel Parts, Equipment and Systems , STM A967 – Specification for Chemical Passivation Treatments for Stainless Steel Parts (based on US Defense Department standard QQ-P-35C) – one of the most common passivation specifications, AMS 2700 – Passivation of Corrosion Resistant Steels, AMS-QQ-P-35 – Passivation Treatments for Corrosion-Resistant Steel, ASTM F86 – Standard Practice for Surface Preparation and Marking of Metallic Surgical Implants
- Cleaning and passivating of parts with lots of internal passageways like casting and cylinder blocks
- Medical and aerospace parts which require critical cleaning requirements
Applicable Passivation Process Case Studies
- Automated Ultrasonic Passivation System for Medical Device and General Parts
- Manual Benchtop Ultrasonic Citric Acid Passivation System
- Medical Device Guidewire Automated Ultrasonic Cleaning and Passivation System
- Medical Device Cleaning and Passivating Equipment with a Cleanroom Space Constraint
- Heated Polypropylene Acid Passivation and Rinse Tanks
CitriSurf is a registered trademark of Stellar Solutions, Inc.