High Energy Centrifugal Barrel Finishing Machines – Harperizing Systems
|System Description |||Common Applications |||Common Configurations|
High energy centrifugal finishing machines also known as harperizer systems are the fastest and most cost-effective method for deburring and/or polishing mass parts or individual parts.
Small Centrifugal Barrel
Medium Centrifugal Barrel
A centrifugal finishing machine / harperizing works on a principle similar to a ferris wheel meaning there are 4 barrels which would represent the seats on a ferris wheel and one large fly wheel. In 1 revolution of the fly wheel results in 1 complete rotation of each barrel.
Extremely high centrifugal forces can be generated on parts with this method. Using this concept in combination with various types of ceramic and organic corn cob media, virtually any part finish is achieved from burr removal to extremely high surface finish polishing.
Large Centrifugal Barrel
Applications for High Energy Centrifugal Barrel and Harperizing Metal Finishing Machines
- Medical device polishing / deburring of stainless steel, titanium and cobalt chrome implantable and surgical parts
- Medical device surgical part deburring mass finishing- case study
- Dental implants and tool polishing
- Aerospace deburring and polishing turbine engine parts
- Automotive polishing engine heads
- General job shop part polishing and deburring
Common Centrifugal Finishing Machine Configurations
|Motor (HP)||Total Capacity (cu. ft.)||Barrel Dimensions (in)||Overall Dimensions WxLxH (in)||Weight (pounds)|