Best Technology March 2015 Newsletter
Spring has finally sprung; time for Spring Cleaning! A perfect time for Best Technology to assist you in reviewing your cleaning & chemical processes and specifications. Let us show you how we can streamline your processes with the latest chemistries and equipment technologies.
Spring Cleaning: Passivation specification and process review
Many companies are trying to move toward more environmentally friendly chemistries including for stainless steel passivation processes. Nitric acid has long time been used for passivation but employee exposure, handling and environmental disposal issues have always been a challenge. With recent advancements in biocides for citric acid, citric acid use for passivation has grown significantly.
Here are a couple helpful links:
- Equipment Needed to Start A Passivation Line
- Nitric vs. Citric Acid Comparison for Passivation
- Citric Acid Passivation Solution Stainless Steel Material Compatibility Charts
Spring Cleaning: Clean up the plant floor by moving the process into cells
Automated Precision Aqueous Cleaning in a Lean Cellular Manufacturing Design– This system a perfect solution for your cellular cleaning needs; the single basket system that takes up less than 20 square feet of plant floor space. These systems are build for lean manufacturing environments where manufacturing plant floor space is a premium (cleanroom, dry room, etc) but are built to clean even your toughest applications.
Spring Cleaning: Clean up hazardous solvents like nPB and move to aqueous cleaning
- Much safer for employee exposure
- Significantly lower environmental impact including zero ozone depletion
- Zero discharge with regenerative deionized water system
- Cleans their parts better than their old solvent process.
View our latest video of Aerospace Automated Parts Cleaning, Rinsing, Rinsing and Conveyor Dryer System Case Study