Technical Sales Representative
The individual with experience in a technical sales environment serves a key role in: sales qualification, lead generation, quote generation, direct communication with customers and vendors, project and resource scheduling. The individual is able to utilize technical skills to quickly and accurately identify / assess customer needs. The successful technical sales representative will assist in all stages of the sales cycle, including interpreting customer specifications, recommending optimal solutions, preparing quotations, following up on quotes, and reviewing purchase orders, all the while ensuring customer service is maintained. NOTE: This job position is seen as “inside” technical sales representative in that the job does not require travel / face to face “traditional” selling rather our sales process involves phone and email contact with leads provided from our website.
- Qualify new web, sales line, trade show and other leads and inquiries, determine prospect requirements, and conduct intake qualification to aid in the correct assignment of new opportunities.
- support role tasks: project timeline management, customer service response, etc
- Support email load and respond as needed
- Collaborative sales – Support efforts of others to sell and procure purchase orders from new prospects and existing customers.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as price quotations and purchase orders.
- Maintain consistent follow up with lead quotations and bid proposals throughout the sales process
- Enter new Opportunities and related information into SalesForce.com to document and manage sales activities.
- Competent in understanding technical product knowledge & service contracts.
- Maintain technical knowledge of company products and competitive advantages
- Act as single point of contact for customers and sales representative
- Effectively offers product alternatives for customers based on clear application requirements to best meet customer requirements and to support sales objectives.
- Utilizes technical skills to quickly and accurately identify and assess customer needs
- Articulate technical features and benefits of our products to our customers.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in products and industries.
- Seek to improve sales, technical skills from trusted experts online, books and training
- Identify forums, professional online groups, etc to participate and increase brand awareness
- Communicate regularly with existing customers throughout the year to identify new project needs and also areas of need for business growth and new solutions of products we could add to the mix
- Seek and cultivate relationships with new vendors of products
- Interface with vendors quotes, specs, etc – develop vendor communication management to not take more of our time than necessary with reminders, quotes, etc
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Previous sales customer service assignments in an industrial, technical or manufacturing sales environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to interact effectively with prospects and customers via phone and email
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and support/coordinate well with other team members
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Gmail, internet research
- Salesforce.com CRM
- WordPress experience a plus
- Quickly embraces, learns and applies new technology and/or procedures
- Good technical knowledge of products
- Ability to manage time well and handle multiple priorities maintaining a positive attitude and composure.
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in a technical sales environment.
- Background in chemistry and/or machine design a plus
- Extensive and exceptional customer service practices, professional presence and business acumen
- Appropriate technical industry knowledge
- Possess high energy, values, honesty, and integrity
- High degree of mechanical, hands-on aptitude
- Location: Minneapolis, MN/ Plymouth, MN
If this description fits your skill set and you are looking for a career in the Minneapolis area with a fast growing, fun company, send your information and resume to Careers@BestTechnologyInc.com