The AK-225 (HCFC225) parts cleaning solvent EPA phase out is scheduled for January 1, 2015, are you prepared to transition to another cleaning solvent for your precision cleaning process? Have you started testing new alternatives?
Here are some links you may find helpful for the phase out and new regulations:
- AK225 HCFC-225 Phase Out and Replacement with 3M Novec HFE Engineered Fluids – a great comparison between solvents
- Medical Device Precision Cleaning AK 225 Replacement with 3M Novec Engineered Fluid Solvent
- 3M Novec Engineered Fluids & Solvents– 3M has entrusted Best Technology as one of the few distributors in the U.S. to help educate users on effective cleaning chemistries and alternatives to AK-225
- New OSHA & EPA Restrictions on n-propyl bromide (nPb)
The 3M Novec Engineered Fluids are drop in replacements for AK-225 in most vapor degreasers and are approved for use in the most stringent regulatory and process control industries including medical device, electronic/circuit board (PCB) and aerospace.
If you are interested in testing replacement solvents, we can schedule some time for you in the lab. Get real time feedback on part cleanliness before and after with FTIR analysis.
Here are a couple of highlighted articles:
- What is Passivation? How Does Passivation Work? How To Passivate Stainless Steel Parts?
- Electropolishing vs. Passivation – what’s the difference?
- Differences Between RO and DI Water for Parts Cleaning, Washing, and Rinsing
- Nitric vs. Critic Acid for Passivation of Corrosion-Resistant Stainless Steel
There are more articles and videos on our site and many more to be added every month. If you have any suggestions of process and systems you would like to learn more about, let us know and we will be sure to add it to our knowledge base