3M Novec Engineered Fluids / Cleaners for Cleaning and Vapor Degreasing
The ever-changing EPA, regulatory, employee and environmental demands require industrial cleaning solvents that are not only safe for the employee, but also for the environment. The phaseouts of Ozone Depleting Substances like AK-255 / HCFC-225 or likely in the near future: nPB / n-propyl bromide, TCE, HFC and also past solvents included in the Montreal Protocol have brought on an industry calling for the next generation replacement solvents which are safer for employee and environment yet still provide the level of precision cleaning seen by previous generation solvents.
The 3M™ Novec™ Engineered Precision Cleaning Fluids new generation of precision cleaning solvents for vapor degreasing are among the most successful replacement solvents offered in the market today.
3M™ Novec™ Engineered Solvents and Cleaners are non-flammable, non-ozone depleting, low global warming potential, low toxicity solvents which offer a perfect balance of: high employee safety exposure limits, low environmental impact, and excellent cleaning performance.
3M™ Novec™ Solvents are typically a drop in replacement in most vapor degreasers resulting in easily implemented safety and regulatory compliance without the purchase or modification of capital manufacturing equipment. Since Novec industrial cleaning solvents are nonflammable, they can be used safely in a wide variety of applications.
3MTM NovecTM Engineered Fluids for Cleaning and Vapor Degreasing are typically found in the following formulations:
- 3MTM NovecTM 7100 Engineered Fluid
- 3MTM NovecTM 7200 Engineered Fluid
- 3MTM NovecTM 71IPA Engineered Fluid
- Based on Novec 7100 HFE and isopropyl alcohol, this fluid is ideal for light cleaning and degreasing tasks. HFE-71IPA is metals and plastics compatible. A true azeotrope, HFE-71IPA has essentially constant vapor and liquid composition at its boiling point.
- 3MTM NovecTM 71DE Engineered Fluid
- 3MTM NovecTM 71DA Engineered Fluid
- 3MTM NovecTM 72DA Engineered Fluid
- Based on a blend of azeotropes designed for medium to heavy-duty precision cleaning of metallic parts and solder flux residue. The high solvency and low toxicity make it an ideal replacement for ozone-depleting compounds (HCFC225 / AK 225), hydrofluorocarbons (HFC Dupont Vertrel), chlorinated solvents, and n-propyl bromide (nPb).A true azeotrope, HFE-72DA has essentially constant vapor and liquid composition at its boiling point.
- 3MTM NovecTM 72DE Engineered Fluid
- 3MTM NovecTM 73DE Engineered Fluid
- Based on a blend of azeotropes designed heavy-duty precision cleaning of metallic parts, dewaxing, and solder flux residue. A perfect alternative replacement to nPB.
The azeotropic properties of the 3MTM NovecTM Cleaner blends allow for extremely stable characteristics for cleaning various oils and soils. Novec cleaners are widely accepted fluids by our customers especially in the medical device and aerospace industry.